Hemp Heart Scones
Updated: Nov 18, 2020
Show off to your friends and family with this easy hemp heart scone recipe! My son and I got inspired after he came home from school to show off his scones - so we've just made a few adjustments and added in some of our own ingredients. Here we go....
2 cups plain flour
1 cup pure hemp protein
6 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
60g butter, cubed up
1 1/4 milk
whipped cream and strawberry jam to serve
1. Heat oven to 230C and grease your tray
2. Sift flour and hemp flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Rub butter into mix until it resembles breadcrumbs.
4. Add milk, mix with the back of a round bladed knife to form a soft dough (don't over mix).
5. Place dough on floured surface and knead lightly - about 4 times.
6. Pat or roll out to a 2cm thickness and use a glass about 4-5 cm in diameter and cut.
7. Re-roll excess and repeat.
8. Place on tray, brush with milk.
9. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden and well risen.
10. Serve with whipped cream, jam and hemp hearts.
So so yum!! Great appetizer idea. The hemp hearts are a great addition to this easy scone recipe. Hemp hearts are nutty in flavour and full of so much goodness. Hemp hearts contain all the nine essential amino acids and are well digested especially for a plant based protein. Not only are hemp hearts loaded with healthy fats and proteins, they are also packed with nutrients. Hemp is an excellent source of magnesium providing about 50% of your daily needs!
We hope you enjoyed our recipe and brief on some of the benefits of this amazing superfood - hemp is a must-have in your life! Keep an out for more hemp heart and hemp based recipes. We also share our customers recipes and photos on our social pages, so come on over and keep up to date with us there also.